- 1 green papaya
- 1 lemon
- 300g pork belly
- 300g black tiger shrimp
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 30g laksa leaves
- 30g basil leaves
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 15g onions
- 1 chili
- 100g pre-roasted peanuts
- Pre-fried shrimp puff pastry
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- Papaya, carrot, lemon, chili you prepare similarly as above.
- Onion you peel off the outer skin, thinly slice. To reduce the pungent smell of onions, you can add a little vinegar and granulated sugar.
- Wash basil and laksa leaves, remove damaged leaves and then chop finely.
- Bacon is only washed with dilute salt water. Put the bacon into a pot of water mixed with a little sugar, salt and a little vinegar and then boil. Then take it out to dry and slice or slice thinly to taste.
- Shrimps are trimmed with beard, black thread drawn and washed, then boiled in a pot of water that has boiled the meat until cooked, then take it out, let it cool, then peel and split it.
Step 2: Mix Salad Dressing
Put sugar and fish sauce in the ratio 2:2 into the cup, then add minced garlic, lemon juice. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then season to taste.
Step 3: Mix Salad
- Mix the meat with shrimp, add 1 teaspoon of sauce, mix well, and then let it sit for about 5 minutes for the shrimp to absorb the seasoning.
- Next, put the ingredients: onion, carrot, papaya, shrimp, meat in a large bowl, add a tablespoon of sauce and chili and mix well. Taste it again to get the sweet and sour taste of the salad.
- Finally, you sprinkle pre-roasted peanuts, fried onions, herbs on top of the salad, served with shrimp crackers and the remaining sauce.
If you want to enjoy Papaya Salad w/Shrimp & Steamed Pork at Viet’s Restaurant Denver, you can Order Here. Thank You!