Porridge is a rustic, traditional and quite popular dish of Vietnamese people. With the combination of broth and the main ingredient, the viscera of the pig’s intestines, it creates a delicious porridge with the right taste.
- Fragrant glutinous rice: 1/3 bowl.
- Fragrant rice: 1/2 bowl.
- Pork bones: 500g.
- Pork tongue: 1 pc.
- Pork liver: 100g.
- Pig blood: 200g.
- Heart, intestines, stomach, stomach, depending on the amount you like.
- Filtered water: 3 liters.
- Green onion, red onion, ginger.
- Fish sauce, salt, pepper, vinegar.
- Coriander, Chinese coriander, bean sprouts, chili served.
- Ingredients for making sausage: 200g large intestine, 200g pig’s blood, 50g pork fat, 50g pork skin, some lemon leaves, perilla, scallions, minced lemongrass, garlic, chili, crushed roasted peanuts.
- Pork bones, pork tongue are washed, bones cut into bite-sized pieces, then boiled with diluted vinegar water, poured water and washed to remove odors.
- Then put the bones in and cook with grilled shallots.
- During the simmering process, skim off the foam.
- Pork tongue shaved off the white part and then boiled with the bones.
Step 2: Make Pork Sausage.
- Pork intestines turned left, washed thoroughly, removed the thick layer of fat clinging to the intestinal wall, rub salt, lemon or vinegar many times to clean.
- Pork fat, pork skin washed, chopped; lime leaves, perilla, finely chopped green onions, mixed with pork blood, minced lemongrass, garlic, chili, crushed roasted peanuts.
- Put everything into the pork intestines to stretch the intestines, tie the ends with thread, and then put them in the pot to boil.
- To help escape the air, you can use a sharp toothpick to poke many tiny holes, so the sausage will not burst during the boiling process. When the sausage is cooked, take it out, let it cool, and then cut it into thin slices.
- Pig blood is divided into 2 equal parts. One part is put in the porridge pot, the other part is whisked with filtered water, main noodles, fish sauce, seasoning seeds, and pepper and then frozen (this part will be the part that determines the attractive brown color of the porridge).
- Remove the bones and pork tongue for a delicious broth.
- The rice is washed, soaked in water for about 1 hour, then taken out, drained, pounded, then put in the broth to cook into porridge, when it has become porridge, discard the beaten pig blood with minced ginger, seasoning to taste.
- The way to make porridge like this will be quick, the porridge will be smooth.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped scallions to make it fragrant and eye-catching.
- Pork heart, stomach, pork sausage, liver, tofu, and young intestine are bought to the ceiling through boiling water and then boiled. In the boiling water add ginger, vinegar and salt to thicken and reduce the smell.
- When all are cooked, cut into thin slices with pork tongue to taste and place on a plate. This part is also divided into 2, one part to cook with porridge and one part to eat outside.
- When boiling the intestines, to make them white and crispy, put them in the boiling water when the water is boiling, not when the water is still cold or warm. When the water boils, quickly remove the foam layer, put on high heat. When boiling, to prevent the heart from getting fishy, add a few slices of chili pepper. Boiling time should not be too long, about 35 minutes is fine.
Porridge is scooped out into bowls, sprinkled with finely chopped scallions, pepper served with coriander, basil, bean sprouts, and the intestines on a plate. If you like, when the porridge is cooked, you can pour the cut intestines into the porridge pan and cook more until it boils.